L’Imagier Art Centre is a non-profit organization dedicated to developing interest for contemporary art and promoting artistic activity. This mission rests on three pillars: contemporary art exhibitions, music and performing arts in Parc de L’Imaginaire, and educational programming.
For over 40 years, L’Imagier has enjoyed an exceptional location in Vieux-Aylmer, a stone’s throw from the Marina, the Parc des Cèdres and the Rue Principale. L’Imagier contributed to the creation of Parc de L’Imaginaire, a cultural space that fosters creative encounters among art forms.
With its multidisciplinary mission to promote visual art and music, L’Imagier is truly a unique place in the cultural landscape of the Outaouais region.
The Centre is dedicated to developing an interest for contemporary art and to promoting artistic activity through outreach, research, cultural action and education.
The Centre’s objectives include:
- Operating an exhibition centre and cultural park that contribute to developing the arts in the Outaouais region;
- Organizing and producing exhibitions, cultural events and creative workshops;
- Providing professional artists with a place for self-expression and creative stimulation;
- Bringing individuals and groups of all ages and the artistic community together;
- Contributing to cultural project development within the local and regional community;
- Offering educational activities to complement exhibitions.