L’Imagier Art Gallery benefits from the assistance of volunteers every year in order to achieve its mission, which is to generate interest for contemporary art and to promote artistic activity through dissemination activities, research, cultural action and education.
Volunteers are people who offer their free time and energy and in return want to do work that will contribute to their personal fulfillment through the gratification of participating in the well-being of their community. As a result, L’Imagier recognizes that volunteers are an indispensable and invaluable human resource.
L’Imagier promotes the a positive work environment for all people within the organization, and to do so it is important that volunteers be an integral part of the organization and feel recognized as such.
L’Imagier organizes artistic events and activities for the Ottawa-Gatineau area community each year. As a volunteer, you will participate in these events by assisting the L’Imagier’s team during shows at the Parc de l’Imaginaire, opening nights and other activities.
Volunteer activities may include:
- during exhibition openings: help with preparation, reception desk, last minute errands, photo documentation
- during music shows: pass the donation butterfly nets, monitor the Centre, be in charge of photo documentation.
L’Imagier is looking for volunteers who are:
- students or artists;
- over 18 (for exhibition openings, due to the sale of alcohol);
- able to move independently;
- interested in cultural and community activities, and contemporary art.