Registration: Opens February 14, 2019
Dates: June 25 to August 23, 2019
Art in Action!
L’Imagier’s day camp is a unique cultural space at the heart of Old Aylmer, in an exceptional natural setting.
An art studio that opens out onto Parc de L’Imaginaire will allow young participants to enjoy the summer weather as a backdrop for creating, playing, being active and having fun. Each week, children will have the opportunity to draw inspiration from contemporary artistic practices and the world around them as they explore photography, robotics, sculpture, drawing, painting and more. At l’Imagier, they can nurture their curiosity, make new friends and give artistic shape to their discoveries. On Fridays, parents and friends are invited to a reception showcasing the works created during the week.
- The day camp is for children aged 5 to 12 years.
- Each group is supervised by two leaders.
- Children are grouped by age.
- All art supplies are provided.
- Free child care is offered from 7:30 – 9:00 a.m. and from 4:00 – 5:30 p.m.
- The daily schedule includes time for snacks, relaxation and games.
- A park outing to the parc de L’Imaginaire and the parc des Cèdres is planned, weather permitting.
- Children must bring their own lunch and snack (please do not send food that needs to be reheated).
- The day camp is bilingual (French and English).
- Participants can get creative and have fun in a safe and welcoming environment.
- 30 spots available per week. 3 groups (5-7 years old, 8-9 years old et 10-12 years old)
- Supervision; 1 animator for 10 children, 1 supervisor’s animators and 2 animators helper
Schedule for a typical day
7:30 – 9:00 a.m. – Child care
9:00 a.m. – Presentation of the day’s activities
9:30 a.m. – Snack
9:50 – 11:30 a.m. – First creative workshop
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Lunch and outing to the park or beach
12:30 – 1:00 p.m.- Introduction to the second workshop, game, return to L’Imagier or preparation
1:00 – 3:00 p.m. – Second creative workshop, game or swimming
3:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Snack, wrap-up, brief presentation of the following day’s activity
4:00 – 5:30 p.m. – Child care
Weekly rates (5 days week)
General public (1st child): $225
L’Imagier member (1st child): $200
General public (2nd, 3rd and 4th child): $200
L’Imagier member (2nd, 3rd and 4th child): $175
Weekly rates ( 4 days a week, days off June 24th and July 1st)
General public (1st child): $180
L’Imagier member (1st child): $160
General public (2nd, 3rd and 4th child): $160
L’Imagier member (2nd, 3rd and 4th child): $140
(see description below)
|June 25-28||Transformation – Imitation|
|July 2-5||Demolition – Construction|
|July 8-12||My Place – Your Place|
|July 15-19||Natural – Artificial|
|July 22-26||Transformation – Imitation|
|July 29-August 2||Demolition – Construction|
|August 5-9||My Place – Your Place|
|August 12-19||Natural – Artificial|
|August 19-23||Mobile – Immobile|
Transformation – Imitation
Transform materials and immerse yourself in a fantasy world!
Mobile – Immobile
Explore the role of motion in creation through art activities that create movement or integrate science.
- Science and art
- Body(ies) and art
My Place – Your Place
Learn to create with everyday objects – even food! You really can make art out of just about anything…
- Drawing and video animation
- Casts and moulds
Natural – Artificial
Explore the artistic possibilities of nature by creating large-scale works.
- Land art / Earth art
- Landscape intervention
Construction – Deconstruction
Create using collaboration and teamwork, technology and your own instinct.
- Robot art
- Collaborative creation
* The weekly themes are flexible and are subject to change