Under the responsibility of the Youth Program Leader
The day camp facilitators are responsible for creating a warm and personalized contact with the participating children. Their role is to ensure the supervision of the children, to lead workshops and creative activities by presenting targeted educational content, all in a safe and stimulating environment.
– Supervise and manage your group of children in the studio and on outings, respecting the daily schedule for each activity;
– Ensure a stimulating, safe and trustworthy environment at all times;
– Communicate with the person in charge, according to the protocol in place, in case of any incident or difficulty that requires informing the parent.
– Use prescribed methods to communicate content and explain activities to children;
– Communicate positively with children, while sharing their passion for art and creation.
– The candidate must be in the process of obtaining a degree in education, fine arts, art history or a related field.
– Express an interest in a young audience (6 to 12 years old);
– Demonstrate a strong interest in contemporary art;
– An aptitude for artistic creation and manual activities;
– Experience in animation and/or in the artistic or cultural field is an asset;
– Demonstrate maturity, a sense of responsibility, punctuality and ethics;
– Demonstrate good humour, dynamism, curiosity and interpersonal skills;
– Bilingualism; ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in French and English;
– First-aid training is an asset.
– Meet the Young Canada Works requirements to qualify as an eligible student.
Terms and conditions of employment
The conditions of employment are in accordance with Quebec labour standards.
– 40 hrs/week position, from July 4 to August 19, 2022
– Salary of $15/hr
– Daytime availability during the week (8 AM-4 PM or 8:30 AM-4:30 PM)
– Paid training dates: July 4-8, 2022
– Program facilitation dates: July 11 to August 19, 2022.
L’Imagier is committed to promoting diversity and representation within our organization. We strive to provide and maintain a fair and equitable environment for all by valuing and respecting individual differences for our enrichment and that of the community we serve.
Deadline to submit your application : April 15, 2022. Please send your resume and cover letter by email to the attention of Leonore-Namkha Beschi: firstname.lastname@example.org.