Under the responsibility of the General and Artistic Direction
The Youth Program Leader is responsible for facilitating the workshops and creative activities for the 2022 art day camp. He/She is responsible for training the team of facilitators in the content and pedagogical techniques of the program. During the camp, he/she is responsible for supervising and guiding the facilitators who are responsible for their groups of children. The objective of this role is to ensure a fun and interactive learning experience for the children in a safe and stimulating environment.
– Ensure the running of the workshops: time and material management, demonstrations of techniques, encouraging children’s participation, etc. ;
– Train, supervise and evaluate the work of the facilitators;
– Ensure the participation of the facilitators in the workshops related to the weekly themes;
– Assist the facilitators with daily activities (breaks, outdoor games in the Parc de L’Imaginaire);
– Accompany the group on outings and support the integration of each participant;
– Contribute to photographing the art day camp to document the progress of workshops and activities;
– Participate in a post-mortem meeting after the submission of a report on the camp experience;
– Ensure the maintenance of a safe and clean environment in the studio and Parc.
– The candidate must be in the process of obtaining or have a degree in education, fine arts, art history or a related field.
– Experience working with youth (6-12 years old).
– Bilingualism; Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in French and English.
– Knowledge of art history and art practices.
– Experience with drawing and art-making techniques in a studio setting.
– Excellent organizational and time management skills.
– Ability to be flexible and adapt teaching practices to a variety of audiences.
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Terms and conditions of employment
The conditions of employment are in accordance with Quebec labour standards.
– 40 hrs/week position
– Salary of $18/hr
– Daytime availability during the week (8:30 AM-4:30 PM)
– Training dates (paid): July 4-8, 2022.
– Program facilitation dates: July 11 – August 19, 2022.
L’Imagier is committed to promoting diversity and representation within our organization. We strive to provide and maintain a fair and equitable environment for all by valuing and respecting individual differences for our enrichment and that of the community we serve.
Deadline: April 15, 2022.
Please send your resume and cover letter by email to the attention of Leonore-Namkha Beschi: firstname.lastname@example.org