As a non-profit organization, L’Imagier’s mission is to stimulate interest in contemporary art and to promote artistic activity through diffusion, research, cultural action and education.
For more than forty years, L’Imagier has enjoyed an exceptional location in Old-Aylmer, a stone’s throw from the Marina, Cedar Park and Principale Street. L’Imagier is at the origin of the foundation of the Parc de L’Imaginaire, a cultural space of multidisciplinary diffusion which encourages the dialogue between different forms of artistic expression.
The objectives of the Centre are the following:
- Participate in the development of arts in the Outaouais by the administration of an exhibition centre and a cultural park ;
- Organize and carry out exhibitions, cultural events and creative workshops ;
- To provide professional artists with a place of expression and creative stimulation ;
- To enable individuals and groups of all ages to come into contact with the subjects dealt with by the artists whose works it exhibits;
- To contribute, within the local and regional community, to the development of cultural projects.
The year 2020 is a year of important changes for L’Imagier. Its entire staff has changed and is now acting under the direction of Leonore-Namkha Beschi. We wish to continue this wind of change and opportunities are presenting themselves: almost half of the positions on its board of directors are to be filled.
I therefore personally invite you to contact me or Ms. Beschi to submit your candidacy before January 25th. We would like to welcome local businessmen and women who wish to support the current team, and thus take an active part in the development of L’Imagier in one or more of the following sectors:
- Partnership and sponsorship
- Marketing and communication
Being a member of the Board of Directors involves four statutory meetings per year (each lasting approximately 1.5 hours) and, if desired, participation in brainstorming sessions with the management and/or sub-committees of the Board of Directors.
Your presence on our Board of Directors is important to us. We want to do our part in Aylmer’s economic recovery and we hope, in the coming years, to enrich our partnerships with local businesses. After all, we must support each other to maintain and even enrich the quality of the cultural, commercial and business sectors’ offerings in the Aylmer area.
Aylmer is a popular destination, with or without a pandemic. We trust that it will resume its place to flourish again. We are confident that L’Imagier is now in a very good position to contribute actively to this revival.
Please send us a letter of intent (suggested models) and a short biography to one of the following email addresses: